Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:21 AM
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in
specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R and D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that delivers a workforce that is Cornings competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scaleable, and Repeatable. Corning's Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning's Values visible.
Scope of role:
:This position facilitates/manages the deployment of HR processes and programs associated with non:permanent labor engagements (internships, visiting researchers, etc.) for the Technology Community. Coordinates and facilitates new employee's onboarding. Implements improvements to processes and programs to enhance HR service delivery.
:Supports the administration of training and development programs, identifies training gaps and connects needs with available external and internal resources.
:Provides timely and accurate training and development and other related data and information to Human Resources Managers and other stakeholders to assist with planning and decision making
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and implements processes and programs associated with non:permanent labor engagements (internships, visiting researchers, etc.) ensuring standardization of practices and legal compliance
- Manages the entire processes surrounding the onboarding of new employees into the division including facilitated presentations, the verification and re:verification of US work authorization and conducting follow ups as needed
- Manages logistics and coordinate activities around the divisional process governing the promotion of technical employees, as well as those involving the special developmental programs in place aimed at select groups of employees
- Acts as the divisional HR Safety Coordinator, helping to keep Corning compliant with recognized standards (such as ISO, OHSAS, etc.), lowering the risk for corporation
- Supports the Talent Acquisition Organization by coordinating the network of Campus Coordinators, communicating expectations for this role and helping to bridge gaps for successful engagements
- Ensures accurate and consistent processes by mapping processes, identifying improvements and implementing "best practices" using quality oriented techniques to reduce complexity Conduct timely organization wide training needs assessment, understand and identify skills or knowledge gaps, then partnering with the HR team and other stakeholders in translating these into appropriate training and development solutions
- Proactively work with managers to communicate available training and development opportunities and resources to employees
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records; producing training and other relevant reports as needed
- Partner with the corporate learning function in the registering of employees for corporate trainings Perform analyses around internal measurements and metrics to monitor training and development programs and initiatives, as well as provide information for decision making (e.g., employee demographics, data collection and analysis, internal and external benchmarks)
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Associates Degree with 3 : 5 years of relevant experience or Bachelor's Degree with 2 : 3 years of relevant exper
• Location: Elmira-Corning
• Post ID: 31938502 elmira