Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:06 AM
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R and D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Cornings businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
The MES Technical Lead role will be responsible for working with business leaders and users as well as IT resources to define, develop, implement and support standardized Camstar MES solutions across a global environment.
- Strategic view and understanding of Camstar to lead design efforts across Corning. Set best practices and develop Corning architecture in Camstar MES.
- Engage with internal/external customers to analyze requirements from a business and systems perspective by interpreting business goals and objectives and translating them into technical solutions.
- Ensure that IMS work is completed on schedule and that impacts to manufacturing systems are thoroughly documented and communicated by serving as the IMS lead on global projects.
- Design, implement and support Camstar systems in accordance to standard Corning IT practices.
- Develop IMS applications using various technical capabilities like Camstar modeling, .Net, AJAX, T:SQL, Etc...
- Design and implement applications using various components of Camstar
- Create specifications for developers to use as direction for development
- BS in Computer Science /Systems Management/IT Related field
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- In:depth knowledge of industry best practices in application development
- 5+ years' experience using programming languages
- Experience working with IT systems in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Experience with source code management systems
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, facilitation and negotiation skills (including ability to "translate" between business and technology needs).
- Proven track record of implementing IT solutions that make meet business demands and are technically sound.
- Ability to continuously prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Ability to influence decisions with critical thinking based upon experience and grasp of the strategic intent of the project.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
• Location: Elmira-Corning
• Post ID: 31965282 elmira