Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:51 AM
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R and D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Patent Paralegal role within Corning's Legal Department contributing to the operational excellence of the IP Department by providing support to patent attorneys for preparation and successful submission of patent application packages, foreign filings and other intellectual property documentation. Assists in the preparation of patent applications by assembling assignments, declarations, etc. that comprise the application package and ensures that the patent applications are complete and submitted in a format acceptable to the USPTO and in compliance with Department guidelines. Prepares and assists with putting together reports that patent attorneys and patent portfolio managers need to effectively manage patent and technology portfolios.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years administrative background; Legal Secretarial Required Skills
- Ability to read detailed, complex documents for content and flag relevant issues.
- Ability to grasp and follow established protocols, paying particular attention to getting the details right.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements in IP Department processes.
- General and specific computer systems knowledge (Access and Excel databases, Powerpoint and other computer:based systems).
- Ability to leverage computer:based systems to manage workload and increase efficiency.
- Ability to adopt new tools and manage customer expectations so that new technology increases efficiency.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and proprietary documents in a secure manner.
- Ability to interact with others, including colleagues within the Department, in a professional manner.
- Consistent and dependable work habits and solid work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and make necessary and appropriate decisions within ethical legal parameters.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi:task in a dynamic, fast:paced environment.
- Comfortable working under constant deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
• Location: Elmira-Corning, painted post
• Post ID: 31981412 elmira